“ISO 22301:2019 – WHAT HAS CHANGED”
Business continuity has evolved into an important domain considering the present situation. It requires any organization to focus on critical elements of “Prevention” and “Recovery”. This requires organization to establish the framework for preventing business disruption and trigger actions for recovering following disruptions.
ISO 22301 is the internationally recognised Standard for Business Continuity Management System (BCMS). It defines the steps an organization must take to implement and maintain a business continuity plan, helping to reduce the threat of disruption, protecting the assets, and recovering quickly from any disruptions.
Following the success of its fabulous existing standard ISO 22301:2012, ISO rolled out the new revision of ISO 22301 on October 31, 2019. With this rollout, the organization having based their management systems for business continuity gets that additional thrust to effectively and efficiently plan, implement, check and continually improve their existing processes and system.
SO, WHAT HAS CHANGED ???
- More clarity on structure and terminology making it simple and easy
- Transition from strategy based to solution based
- Less detailed and prescriptive than its predecessor ISO 22301:2012
- Broader clarity on risks and opportunities while ensuring achieving the intended outcomes.
- Risk appetite is removed from the standard.
- The concept of minimum activity levels has shifted to the minimum acceptable capacity of resumed activities.
- New clause added, Clause 6.3 (Planning of changes to the BCMS)
- Lesser mandatory documents.
WHAT IT MEANS TO THE ORGANIZATION:
- Reduced cost of business disruptions.
- Greater flexibility in establishing Business continuity management system
- Flexibility in aligning with the other standards – ISO 27001, ISO 20000, ISO 31000.
WANT TO KNOW HOW to GET IN TOUCH WITH THE BEST ISO 22301 CERTIFICATION AGENCY FOR 2020, ISO 22301 Expert, ISO 22301 Top consultants in Singapore, Manila, Email to [email protected]