SMETA 6.1, SEDEX Certification launched in Singapore
GQS Singapore launches SMETA 6.1, SEDEX in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Cambodia, Myanmar. SMETA is an international standard which focuses on
- Prevention of Child labor
- Prevention of Forced labor
- Prevention of Sexual harassment
- Prevention of Modern day slavery
In addition to the above requirements, there are over 9 more requirements which organisations have to implement and third party assessment bodies visit and report the SMETA compliance to their respective buyers. The most important pillar out of the 4 pillars of SMETA is the business integrity any establishment need to follow.
Wish to know more about SMETA 2 Pillar or SMETA 4 Pillar, SMETA 6.1 Consultancy, SMETA 6.1 Certification, SMETA 6.1 Audit, SMETA 6.1 Implementation, SMETA 6.1 Audit checklist, SEDEX audit, SEDEX Consultancy, SEDEX Consultant drop an email to [email protected]
SMETA 6.0 has changed to 6.1 with few changes related to addition of Environment in the 4th Pillar, Site details with GPS coordinates can be added, Grievance mechanism has been moved to a new section related to UNGP United Nations Guiding Principles.
Steps for SMETA 6.1 are
- Apply for membership (Membership available for Manufacturers, Service providers, Agents)
- Payment in GBP to be made as stated on SEDEX site
- Create profile on SEDEX
- Download the Self Assessment questionnaire SAQ
- Furnish info sought in the SAQ, Save and then Submit the SAQ.
- Contact us to know more info about SEDEX audit and surveillance audit. Surveillance audits are carried out based on the risks involved in the facility.
Location feasibility – Indonesia, Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia